- Free Freeware
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- Jan 19, 2016
- [+] More Details
A review of PCSX2 by Felix Cheng
PCSX2 is a Playstation 2 Emulator. It goes without saying that the most successful console in history still has a following (that being the Playstation 2), but the amount of users still wishing to enjoy their PS2 titles has not really slowed down and since the production of the console has been stopped in order to support the Playstation 3, users with broken Playstation 2 systems might have to turn to an emulator on the PC. That's where PCSX2 comes in.
PCSX2 is a Playstation 2 emulator for Windows which does a great job at playing back a lot of the popular titles you got addicted to back in the days of PS2 popularity. This PS2 emulator attempts to execute PS2 code on Windows and Linux and is developed by the same people who developed PCSX. In order to play the ROMs, you must insert your PS2 CD in to your system's CD-ROM drive and run the program.
With the original release of PCSX2, there was actually rather sparse support for many games but in the development of the program, support for a wide array of different titles has increased considerably.
Do note that not all games are supported and it takes a little bit of playing around with the settings to get everything to work. It is also much more difficult than, say, running a classic ROM from a system like the NES or SNES since the tasks of running the game have become much more complex.
The community behind PCSX2 has grown a lot over the years and with that, so has the code and complexity of the program. Many have contributed to this open source project and the graphics, sound and CD support have all improved dramatically.PCSX2 features and highlights:
- Custom resolutions, up to 4096x4096
- Anti Aliasing and Texture filtering make old PS2 games look better than their HD remakes!
- Unlimited memory cards
- Save states, enabling you to quick save and load practically anywhere in your game
- Easy cheating using our pnach patching system
- Use any controller (PS3,Xbox360 etc) that works on Windows, keyboards and mice
- Increase or decrease the game speed by using the built-in frame-limiter for fast grinding or passing hard spots by slowing them down
- Ability to record in full HD with the built-in video recorder (F12 using the GSdx plugin)
PCSX2 is licensed as Freeware for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system / platform from console emulators without restrictions. PCSX2 1.4.0 is available to all software users as a free download (Freeware).
This ps2 emulator software is filed under:
- PCSX2 Download
- Freeware Console Emulators
- Open source and GPL software
- Major release: PCSX2 1.4
Compatibility with this ps2 emulator software may vary, but will generally run fine under Microsoft Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista and XP on either a 32-bit or 64-bit setup. A separate x64 version may be available from Falcon4Ever.
We have tested PCSX2 1.4.0 against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans. [Read more]